This will be my blog about learning to play and paint Legion of Everblight!
I've not had a blog before so I have no idea how this will go but mostly it is for me to reflect on games and painting. I have my first few models on the way, hex hunters and pLyly, who I've been playing on Vassal and found to be an absolute blast to play. My list with her has evolved slightly since I began, it was originally :
pLyly
Scythean
Seraph
Shredder
Min hex hunters
Anyssa
The Forsaken
1 Spell martyr
I found that as a relatively new player I'm not getting much out of the Seraph. The animus seems to require a level of game knowledge that I do not yet have as whenever I want to slipstream something it is nowhere near where I need it! As a result, for now I have instead decided to take an angelius and get the extra point by swapping the forsaken for a shephard. I feel some fury management is necessary with 2 heavies and a fury 5 caster, especially as a new player where I make fury mistakes often. I like the spell martyr for getting an early eruption of spines when I face infantry heavy forces.
So far my main challenges have been positioning, knowing how far forward to place my models and such. That and remembering my model's rules! One game I played today I tried out Absylonia to see if I would find her a bit easier as I found Lylyth pretty hard so far. I played against trolls and lost due to a positioning mistake (thinking I was within cover and being JUST out), one blitzer under Calandra's feat later and Absy bit the dust. This was especially annoying as after the game ended I realised that I hadn't used the shield guard ability of my nearby Neph Protector which would have saved me the game until next turn atleast. On a brighter note I found Absylonia to be a fun caster to play, her buffs are really great and blight field seemed like a great spell.
Hopefuly I can begin painting tommorow and get another game in with pLyly.
No comments:
Post a Comment